Sunday, July 9, 2017

Simple Writing Center Idea

I don't know about you but sometimes when I'm planning for literacy centers, I need something quick and simple that doesn't require a lot of prep.  Sometimes I don't have enough "themed" centers for the week and need just one more center to add in.  When those times happen, I can count on my "Writing Center Vocab Posters" for help!  This is a pack of 40 thematic/seasonal vocab pages that can be printed out and placed in clear sleeves or hole-punched and placed on a ring.  You can even print "mini" versions of the posters and have your kids each have their own set for Writing Workshop! One other option for use is to print the posters in the size of your choice and display them each month {if you have a designated Writing Center spot!}.  Also included are two versions of a mini-book where students write their own sentences choosing words from the posters. When I use this set as a center, I only place the posters that relate to the most current holiday or theme in the bin with pre-stapled mini-books.  Easy-Peasy!

If you're interested in checking this Writing Center out, click the cover page below!  I recommend printing/laminating/putting these in sleeves this summer so you can whip them out in a jiffy when you need them throughout the school year!





Enjoy!
xo
Mrs. Wheeler 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!